[CQ-Contest] Unsportsmanlike conduct

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Unsportsmanlike conduct
From: barry@mxg.com (Barry Merrill)
Date: Mon Mar 31 21:56:36 2003
"but one of the premises of contesting is that it requires
cooperation of all stations involved."

Independent of the irrational actions of an individual ham,
politics have always been a hidden part of ham radio:
not all countries can be worked by all other countries.

When I operated BY1PK in 1984 I was required to agree
that I would not work certain countries (4X4, BV, and
two others that had pissed off the PRC that I can't
immediately recall).  Last year at Dayton, the DXpedition
to Syria reported they had had 24 hour monitoring to ensure
that they did not QSO with 4X4, and I believe Syria is not
alone in their restrictions in working 4X4s.

Barry, W5GN

Herbert W. Barry Merrill, PhD
President-Programmer
MXG Software