[CQ-Contest] Unsportsmanlike conduct

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Unsportsmanlike conduct
From: dennis.mcalpine@verizon.net (Dennis McAlpine)
Date: Mon Mar 31 17:42:14 2003
Good point, Dale.  Maybe he is going to have his log print out in red or
something bizarre like that.  Is there a EU depot to send logs?

Personally, I thought ham radio was a non-political hobby and that one
followed the old adage to never talk about religion, politics and whatever
the last one was.  It does seem to be the case most of the time.  Hopefully,
it will revert back to that calm state.

As for those who said, just don't work him, that's fine in WPX where there
are a gazillion multipliers.  What if he had been SU6F and the only station
on in Zone 34 during CQ WW?  How good would the resolve have been then?
Imagine the hue and cry to have the entire log thrown out.

I seem to remember many years ago of a noted DXer who was alleged to not
work members of the NJDXA while he was operating from an extrememly rare
country.  That seems like a real personalized political statement.  Of
course, he goofed and included a number of people who weren;t NJDXAers into
the banned list.  Were his logs and QSLs thrown out?  Of course, they
weren't legit anyway in most cases.  I guess that should serve as a
precursor to what will happen here.

Personally, I think we should boycott working anyone who works for a company
whose stock has gone down in the last year.

73,

Dennis, K2SX