[CQ-Contest] Packet

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Packet
From: tree@kkn.net (Tree)
Date: Mon Jun 2 20:15:28 2003
N6NT writes:

> RDXC and WAE could be great contests otherwise, were it not
> for this particular "feature".

Totally agree and I experienced one of the first WAE contests when packet
was allowed in the same category as single-op.  I operated from France and
my score was totally demolished by German stations using packet by a very
significant margin.  It maybe isn't a big advantage here in the US, but it
sure is in Europe.

When I asked about this, one datapoint I heard is that someone from Germany
called the ARRL and walked away with the incorrect impression that the ARRL
contests were run this way.

I understand this was a very divisive issue when it was adopted.  Hopefully,
someday, those who recognize this as a problem will fix it.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net