[CQ-Contest] SCOURGES OF CONTESTING, CHAPTER 2

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SCOURGES OF CONTESTING, CHAPTER 2
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com (Jimk8mr@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jun 10 14:29:50 2003
In a message dated 6/10/03 9:27:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
N7MAL@citlink.net writes:

> What is the solution, it's simple: All USA domestic contest sponsors 'MUST'
> outlaw packet for everyone.

What's your problem?  If you don't like USA spots, turn on your filters to
reject them.

 State QSO > parties and packet sysops won't stop the spotting because they
> don't want the hassles from the packet community 'individuals'. Of course, as
> we all
> know some of the 'individuals' are packet sysops.

The Ohio QSO Party, of which I am the chairman, specifically welcomes packet
use in moderation.  The reason is to alert others, in real time, that the OQP
is going on, which we hope will result in them turning on their radios and
making some qsos.

I have no idea who the "packet community 'individuals' " you refer to are.

73   -   Jim  K8MR

Ohio Bicentennial QSO Party  -  Saturday, August 23