[CQ-Contest] SCOURGES OF CONTESTING, CHAPTER 2

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SCOURGES OF CONTESTING, CHAPTER 2
From: ct1boh@sapo.pt (CT1BOH - José Carlos Cardoso Nunes)
Date: Tue Jun 10 20:14:10 2003
I never used packet in a contest but I have to admit I enjoy the average
DXer and Contest participant use packet. Why? Because that way they find me
(P40E or whatever other call I may be using) quickly on all the bands and
keep my rate up.

I am totally convinced the big reason rates keep going up in the contests,
at least from the DX side is due to packet.

Last CQWW CW November I had 7358 QSOs before dupes as P40E, I doubt I would
have done more than 6000 without all those P40E spots that brought me a
continuous flow of calls to work.

Now why should we ban packet?
If people have fun using it why should anyone tell them to have fun other
ways? They are happy, I am happy.

73
Jos? Nunes
CT1BOH/P40E