[CQ-Contest] Weapons of Mass QSLing

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Weapons of Mass QSLing
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue Aug 12 09:07:12 2003
At 03:10 AM 8/12/03 +0000, ted demopoulos wrote:
>OK Blanket QSLers,
>
>Whattaya using for QSLing software. Although I have never mass/blanket
>QSLed before, people keep insisting on showing up and working 4 or 5
>thousand Qs in a weekend. And LoTW, as mindblowing and amazing as it will
>eventually be (I did play a wee little part in it, so I'm NOT sarcastic),
>isn't an immediate solution

I use DX4WIN.  It has a function built in to select QSOs to be confirmed on
the basis of one QSL per band/mode combination.  My hope originally was
that I would quickly ramp down the percentage of QSOs that required QSLs,
but this has not happened, at least not to the extent I thought.  I think
that simply demonstrates how important the casual contest ops are to
serious contesters.  Clearly, I'm still working my way through them...

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated August 4.
123 stations were added or updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm