[CQ-Contest] Weapons of Mass QSLing

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Weapons of Mass QSLing
From: tonno.vahk@mail.ee (Tonno Vahk)
Date: Wed Aug 13 11:46:36 2003
DX4WIN is great for 2-way QSLing! But it is a total mess up with SWL cards.
Better write them manually!

And to warn you -  there are some crucial bugs in those features Pete
mentioned:

1. REMOVE DUPLICATE QSLs button.
If you have have received 2 QSLs from a certain station for QSOs on the same
band and mode combination in different times and you have either one or both
of those
QSOs marked as LABEL-Y for printing a label then after pushing the Remove
Duplicate
QSLs button both LABELs are turned to N! For some strange reason the program
treats the situation as if you had already sent a QSL! And you will never
know that you have not replied and you will be in debt!

2. MARK QSOs GOING TO THE SAME STATION OR MANAGER button.
MAILED CUTOFF does not work for Managers when pushing MARK QSOs GOING TO...
button. All QSLs going to the same manager are always marked again not
taking account the QSL Date.

So those two bugs unfortunately render those extremely convinient and well
intended features practically useless...

73
tonno
es5tv