RE: [CQ-Contest] Fw: On Line Logs

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Fw: On Line Logs
From: "Tom Baugh" <tombaugh@discoverynet.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:56:39 -0600
Like so many have said ..er thought... if someone wants to cheat...
I can't believe in our hobby that there are very many, who for the piece of
paper  (or wood)identifying a winner, would make such an effort. I believe
that the number would be between 1 and 50 in a big contest. It would be a
lot easier to just try hard, or improve your equipment, to make a few more
q's. I'm not worried about playing second fiddle to any of them. I don't
need that piece of apper or wood that bad. ENJOY the hobby and the
competition, let's not spend all of our waking hours worried about who is
trying to steal away our victory. The thrill is in the fight.

Tom
AE9B

> What.. look through several thousand Q's to see if someone missed you
> (even a 3 pointer woooo..)? I don't think so.

What if your computer could check all 10,000 QSOs in your log in 10 seconds
and report to you the, say, 100 that are NIL in LOTW?

Wayne