[CQ-Contest] Re: Quick responses to QSLs for contest QSOs

To: cq-contest reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Quick responses to QSLs for contest QSOs
From: John Laney <k4bai@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:57:32 -0500
Not much, Henry. Same if you find he is not in your log and you add the QSO before submission. Not easy to do in SS with QSO numbers, but in CQWW, all you need to do is remove the nearest duplicate QSO on that band and add the guy who thought he worked you. All very unethical, but impossible to prevent.

What makes your scenario not much of a problem is that not many people will take the time and expense to QSL all QSOs shortly after a contest.
And, even if someone did, many contesters will not respond or will not respond promptly.

Personally, I have responded daily to QSL requests for many years and have never thought it would be wise to wait until the log deadline has passed. These days, those who QSL contest QSOs are seldom the big scorers. In fact, I imagine that many don't submit a log at all, but were just operating to pick up a new state, county, grid square or the like.

73,

John, K4BAI.