Re: RE: [CQ-Contest] Sprint date change - I am NOT HAPPY

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: RE: [CQ-Contest] Sprint date change - I am NOT HAPPY
From: "Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO)" <frugoli@worldlinkisp.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:57:07 -0500
I have to say I agree with Scott.  My family understands my interest and
commitment to operating contests, and is willing to be somewhat flexible.  I'm
not a sprint operator, but WWCW is a good example.  We had lots of family
around for thanksgiving, but since I had made the commitment clear long before
thanksgiving that I wanted to operate seriously in WWCW, we let all the family
know they had to leave on Friday (my wife is pregnant with our 2nd child and
she was in no mood to be chasing around our toddler and entertaining inlaws
solo all in the same weekend!).  However, she was willing to accomodate my
contesting, even though she really wanted to have family around all weekend.

The ability to plan in advance is very important for many of us, I would hope
contest organizers will keep that in mind.

73 de Al, KE1FO