Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL CW DX, J6DX Pwr??

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL CW DX, J6DX Pwr??
From: "Steve Root" <steve.root@culligan4water.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:17:59 -0000
While we're on the subject, the cut number I find the most confusing is the
practice of using "J" for a "1".  That "J" is one dit away from being a
2....So was the guy trying to tell me 100 watts, or was he sending 200 watts
and I missed the first dit?  With weaker signals this was very confusing.
If you HAVE to use cut numbers, then "A" is a 1, not "J"!

73 Steve K0SR