Re: Re[2]: [CQ-Contest] SP DX Contest - postcontest info - loggersproble

To: "SP5UAF" <tomek@sp5zcc.waw.pl>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [CQ-Contest] SP DX Contest - postcontest info - loggersproblem
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@r66.ru>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 02:31:50 +0600
    Tom, Cabrillo is the standart. You can call your format ""Cabrillo -
like"" but not Cabrillo. Contacting all the software authors is not a
correct way of doing it. When SPDX is on the Cabrillo site all the software
authors will automatically implement Cabrillo for SPDX as it is described in
the standart.
Rules of the SPDX contest do not specify what needs to be in the log. Rules
say:

""Electronic logs in the Cabrillo format should be sent to:
   <spdxc-logs@pzk.org.pl>
The Cabrillo log should be attached as a file, with your callsign in the
"Subject:" line of the e-mail.

TRlog for instance makes some sort of Cabrillo-like file for SPDX and that
is what all the users send thinking it is what contest sponsors require. If
you deside to implement your own format for the log the best way to sort it
out would be to offer converter programs for all the major contest software.
Still better get in touch with Trey and agree with him the specs for the
Cabrillo file for SPDX. Cabrillo V.3 is just being developed and hopefully
you will have this problem solved for the next year contest.

73, Igor UA9CDC

> Hello Igor,
>
> Thanks for your comments.
> You are right - there is no SP DX Contest Cabrillo specification on
> at http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/. There are much more contests
> that have Cabrillo files but formats are not listed there also.
> SP DX Contest Cabrillo is listed on the SP DX Contest page
> http://www.contest.spdxc.org.pl/.
>
> However - no matter if the log file is Cabrillo or not Cabrillo one -
> it must containg full information: callsigns, UTC, band, mode,
> exchange sent and exchange received.
> Of course for us, for the Contest Committee, it means that we must
> contact the authors of the available contest software and end them our
> suggestions.
>
> Regards
> Tom SP5UAF
>

> IS> Tom? i think the ""problem"" is originated by contest sponsors
themselves.
> IS> They require logs in Cabrillo format while Cabrillo does not support
SPDX.
> IS> At least I did not find SPDX in the list of contests supported by
Cabrillo