Re: [CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, "Jamie Dupree" <ns3t@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation
From: "Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO)" <frugoli@worldlinkisp.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:29:37 -0400
Jamie Dupree wrote:

> Now we just need more people to register, upload their
> logs and push on.  Contesters and DX-peditions are the
> key to LOTW's success.

I disagree.  The *casual* guy is the key to LOTW's success.  Contesters and
dx-pedetions are only 20% of the picture and certianly don't activate every
entity that I want a qsl for.

It sure is a nice way to deal with a large volume of qsls, such as contesters
or dx-pedetions generate, but those qso records are no good unless all the
casual guys you worked also upload their logs.

73 de Al, KE1FO