[CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation
From: "Jamie Dupree" <ns3t@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 07:41:29 -0400
KI9A wrote about LOTW -

It also needs to be a little (LOT) less complicated for the casual guys to
use.
----

On one hand I agree with you Chuck - on the other, once
I got things working, LOTW works great.  Yes, the beginning
seems really confusing with the passwords for this and the
card in the mail that you get for that.....I remember it well...
BUT once I took the time to go thru the hoops to get
everything right, it works like a charm.

AA4LR put it very well:  it is a hassle to get the certificates
to get started, but after that, it is VERY easy to upload
your QSO's.

Now we just need more people to register, upload their
logs and push on.  Contesters and DX-peditions are the
key to LOTW's success.

Jamie NS3T