Re: [CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "Bill Coleman" <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@r66.ru>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 10:18:10 +0600
> Considering the ease at which one can use the LotW, after the initial
> hassle of getting a valid certificate, I'm surprised more stations
> haven't uploaded all of their logs. Particularly DX stations. What
> better way to avoid the hassle of having to reply to QSL cards than to
> put your logs on LotW?

That initial hassle is a bit too much. Why should I send photocopy of my
license and passport by snail mail when I could as well scan it and send it
by email. What is the difference? Besides, my license is already on  eqsl.cc
I thought the whole idea is to avoide using post office in the beginning of
the 21st century whenever possible. So for the time being I will continue
sending updates of my log to my QSL manager who does not require my sending
him photocopy of passport and license by snail mail.

73, Igor UA9CDC