RE: [CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation

To: "'K3FT'" <k3ft@starpower.net>,"'CQ-CONTEST REFL'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation
From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 22:19:15 -0400

> HOW do institutions that I transact financial business with
> on the Internet (like my bank) manage to do all that stuff
> without a snail mail original registration?

Simply put, they already have the original information ... your
account set-up data.  They have, in all probability, also
verified your data with at least one of the credit bureaus.

My financial institution(s) also sent me two pieces of snail
mail. The first was a logon-id and the second was a temporary
password.  I had a limited time (a week, I think) to log on
for the first time and change the password ... sounds a lot
like LotW to me.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK