Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day - Laptop Power Consumption

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day - Laptop Power Consumption
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:11:59 EDT
In a message dated 6/21/04 7:51:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
btippett@alum.mit.edu writes:
>>Do any of you folks have experience running
a laptop from battery power via an inverter? <<

For portable, mobileand low power situations I use old IBM ThinkPad that runs
of 12V and has B/W screen visible in a daylight. I use TRlog in DOS mode with
power savings (HD) enabled - lowest possible power consuming notebook. There
are plenty of them around and cheap. (I have some old Toshiba notes laying
around.)

Using inverter and AC supply adds unnecessary power drain and consumption.

Yuri,
www.K3BU.us
www.computeradio.us home of Dream Radio One