Re: [CQ-Contest] cqww ssb spotting report

To: "Bob, N5RP" <n5rp@pdq.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqww ssb spotting report
From: "R. A. Painter" <Wo4o@Home-Sweet-Loans.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 23:13:12 -0600
Apples and Oranges. You're wrong.

hum bug

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob, N5RP" <n5rp@pdq.net>
To: <KI9A@aol.com>; <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 8:25 PM

What about my polio?
Tell me it was fair for me to get a "D" in phys ed when I was in high school just because I couldn't run track, and that was what phys ed was all about that quarter.
those other guys had two good legs - They cheated !
Tell me I'm wrong.
ho hum

At 18:11 11/2/2004, KI9A@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 11/2/04 5:52:49 PM Central Standard Time,
kc1f@adelphia.net writes:

> You'd care if you busted your butt assembling your station, and > competing
> and operating ethically, finished #2 in a major category, and #1 was
> cheating. Tell me I'm wrong...

That is right,Stu..But....

How do know if someone is running illegal power?
How do you know if someone has a cluster running in the backround & entering
UA?

Actually, how can you PROVE this has happened?

If you bust your butt, spend mega $$ on the station, operate you tail off, &
get beat by someone who is self-spotting--that would be a one-in-a-million
shot, as I still don't believe some clown spotting himself has much of an
advantage--someone needs to put some proof out there for me to believe it.

I think illegal power & watching the cluster (while entering UA) are FAR FAR
worse, & potentially damaging to these stations you talk of, Stu. This is what
we need to focus on, not some knucklehead spotting himself. Why is nothing
ever said about these other offenses??

73-Chuck KI9A