Re: [CQ-Contest] cqww ssb spotting report

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqww ssb spotting report
From: k1ttt@arrl.net
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 06:56:15 -0500 (EST)

> In a message dated 11/3/04 2:10:59 AM Greenwich Standard Time,
> KI9A@aol.com
> writes:
>
> I think  illegal power & watching the cluster (while entering UA) are
FAR FAR

> worse, & potentially damaging to these stations you talk of, Stu. This
is what
> we need to focus on, not some knucklehead spotting himself. Why is nothing
> ever said about these other  offenses??..............KI9A

illegal power can really only be caught by on-site inspection in real
time.  either by being in the station like in the wrtc type event or by a
properly calibrated field measurment system outside the station... or
someone bragging about how much power they use.

un-assisted using cluster spots can only be found by on-site inspection
during the contest or indirectly by a detailed examination of the log and
comparison to the cluster database of spots.  this technology exists, its
up to the log checkers to do that though as they are the only ones who
have the logs... the only way for anyone else to check this would be for
the contest sponsors to make available the submitted logs, something i
would really love to see.