Re: [CQ-Contest] Here we go again

To: "Richard Zalewski" <w7zr@citlink.net>,"Cq-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Here we go again
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:19:03 -0500
While we're at it, let's get serious about revising this contest to stimulate more activity. Make mults one per band rather than overall. Wouldn't the first 5-band or 6-band sweep be something? Allow one QSO per station per band, and eliminate the Sunday doldrums.

To my mind, this would make virtually the perfect contest -- an exchange with content that *must* be copied, retaining potential for modest stations to make lots of contacts and rack up respectable scores, and 24 hours on-time. Having more mults and Qs available would make the off-time decision into a critical strategic choice rather than deciding which 6 hours will be the worst.

In the past, suggestions of this sort were met with the complaint, "That'd be just another NAQP." My response is "What's wrong with that," particularly if it attracts SS-plus levels of participation instead of the few hundred regulars who get involved in NAQPs.

73, Pete N4ZR