Re: [CQ-Contest] Line Scores

To: "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Line Scores
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:10:49 -0800
It has rules and it has goals, some of which apply to contests and some of
which don't.  Groups treat this as everything from a club picnic to a true
emergency exercise to a full-blown contest.  It may be a contest to YOU (and
maybe to me), but it really isn't to the vast majority of the groups, who
just like to get out there and play radio for a weekend.  Field Day is a big
enough event that it has room for everyone - kind of the "Bay to Breakers
Run" of ham radio.

73, Ward N0AX