Re: [CQ-Contest] Line Scores

To: "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Line Scores
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:57:06 -0800
The picnic-ers do, in fact, look at them, even though they claim "not to be
contesters".  This is where they get their start. It's a financial decision,
pure and simple, not to print line scores.  By the way, if you want, you can
download PDF versions of the QST writeup including all the line scores, just
like before.  This is advertised in the QST writeup.

There is also more contesting and technical information available to hams
than ever before, as well.  QEX and the various conference proceedings are
as good or better than anything that has been published in the amateur press
before.  If there was a sizeable audience for serious techie stuff, then Ham
Radio and Communications Quarterly would still be in business.

QST product reviews contain more information, measured with better
techniques and equipment, than at any time in history.  If hams built more
stuff, you'd see more building articles.  But they don't.  We can have a
dandy chicken-and-the-egg argument about why that is so, but it is not
limited to ham radio, I assure you.  If you want more building articles,
then, by golly, WRITE ONE.  Better yet, start selling the idea of building
to your fellow hams that aren't building now.

73, Ward N0AX