Re: [CQ-Contest] Line Scores

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Line Scores
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 13:56:04 EST

In a message dated 12/2/04 6:17:28 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
k-zero-hb@earthlink.net writes:

Yet when  QST needed to be "lighten ship", amazingly the three groups which
took the  hit were DXCCers, Contesters, and "Section News" (the field
organization  turf of SMs, STMs, and net managers), the very crowds which
are the ARRL  "most likely to renew" market.

ARRL knows they have the DX/Contester guys by the short hairs.  I  would
venture a guess that a majority of the acitve contesters are Life  Members.
You
paid your money and now what can you do?  As the ARRL  drifts to the land of
the shack-on-a-belt, what are you going to do?...jump on  another ship?  There
isn't another one.

In all fairness to the ARRL, N0AX's contest emails are great and so is the
on-line coverage of the contests.  But, the old fart in me misses the write
ups and the listings in print.  It seems we contesters are headed in a
different direction than what is in QST.  Dinosaurs?

Bill K4XS