Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: Line Scores

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: Line Scores
From: "Rick Stoneking" <w2rds@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:55:32 -0500
I disagree that the fact that the interactive lines scores are available to
members only is an indicator that there is a significant number of
contestors (which the ARRL wants to coerce into membership by limiting
access).  The interactive database is a service provided by the ARRL, which
costs them time and money to provide.  Because of this they limit access to
it to their membership - the same as they do with the index download to
their publications, and the product review downloads, etc.  Those are
services provided to the membership, and are part of the benefits of being a
member.  They have a consistent policy in allowing access to special
services only to their membership.

Rick
W2RDS