Re: [CQ-Contest] Line Scores

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Line Scores
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:48:16 EST
In a message dated 12/7/2004 9:40:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
k-zero-hb@earthlink.net writes:
>>We get the picture.  You hold the "SOTB" people in some disdain.  Too bad
for you (and them) because that's where the future radiosport players have
to come from.  <<

No you don't. I have nothing against SOTB or novices. I finally got one of my
sons to become KG4TBS and working on the second one and his XYL.
What I am trying to say, that ARRL is taking wrong philosphy in cutting the
coverage of contesting (stimulating, competitive activity) in favor fo dumbing
down the coverage in magazines.
You think I do not want more points and multipliers to call me in the contest?
I want all the SOTB to become contest SOBs, you can only attract them by
glorifying and publicizing contesting and not "streamlining" it out of
magazine.
Comprende?

73 and sayonara

Yuri, K3BU.us