[CQ-Contest] RE: Awesome Morse Trainer

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: Awesome Morse Trainer
From: Richard Ferch <ve3iay@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 18:41:48 -0500
Rick, K6VVA wrote

Exactly. But when I copy his correction *after* I've already pushed the Enter button, at present, I can not go back and correct the log so that it will reflect what was "copied"...as a tag-on by the other op.

Yep. What you *can* do, though, is type his call sign in again, press F5 and F2, and he will give you a new number (one more than the corrected one from the last time) which you can then log. So at least you don't have to lose a rare multiplier, even if you lose the time spent repeating the QSO. It's also a good idea with Morse Runner to train yourself to wait a moment or two after entering the exchange, just in case of a correction. That being said, you can still count me among those who would like to be able to go back and edit.

Presumably the problem with adding an edit capability in Competition mode is that combined with instant feedback, it would allow cheating. So, how about delaying feedback on a QSO (not only in the log window, but also in the score window) until after the next QSO is started (I haven't thought this through fully, but how about defining this to be: after entering anything except the same call sign in the call sign pane and pressing one of the command keys (function keys, enter, space, tab, ...)?

If the feedback was delayed until then, I think it would be possible to implement a quick edit capability something like the one in N1MM (ctrl-Q) which would be enabled only between the time a QSO is logged and the time the next QSO was declared started. In other words, you could edit a QSO only before its status was displayed, and after that the QSO would be frozen. Would that work?

73,
Rich VE3IAY

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.289 / Virus Database: 265.5.0 - Release Date: 09/12/2004