Re: [CQ-Contest] Awesome Morse Trainer

To: "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@dxatlas.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Awesome Morse Trainer
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:01:29 +0000
Hi Alex:

How can the running station hit enter prematurely when you send
(picking on CQWW)

ve3nea 5nn 5   ?

If you send

5nn 5 ve3nea

lots of stations (even most) will miss the correction.  I vote for
accuracy too, but once you send the exchange, you're done!
The trainer, in "LID" mode, may do this wrong occassionally...I
haven't played with it yet.

Is this the case you are talking about?  If not, what is the sequence?
If you send "ve3nea 5nn 5" and the running station busts your
call, that's his problem (in most contests).  Most will acknowledge
the correction.

This is the argument for sending ANYTHING you want the running station
to hear BEFORE you send the exchange.  :-)

73,

Mark, KD4D

> Hi Rick,

[...]
> My callsign happens to have the E letter in the middle of the suffix, and
> about 20% of stations miss that letter. It is very frustrating when the
> running station hits Enter prematurely and does not give me a chance to
> correct the call. I send the correction anyway but, since many stations are
> already calling, very often this has no effect.
[...]