Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting tips and tricks - not

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting tips and tricks - not
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 13 Dec 2004 09:28:56 -0600
On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 08:46, Scott R. wrote:
> #3.  I am not going to S&P anyone who has tried to poach my run
> frequency, while they are still on my run frequency, even if I have not
> QSOed them in this contest.  This is a hard and fast rule, SO2R or not.
>  If I do that, it indicates to the CQer that I acknowledge the station
> who is stealing my run frequency has a legitimate right to it.  If they
> want to call me, fine, otherwise - move it, bub.

One thing I have done in this situation...  is to send the intruder a
report:

- CQ TEST W9WI
- <on same freq> CQ TEST WB9NME
- WB9NME 5NN TN

You'd be surprised how often that yields a QSO -- without inviting
WB9NME to continue CQing on the frequency.  If nothing else it usually
confuses him enough to let me get in a few CQs and reestablish control!

(I will do this even if WB9NME would be a dupe)
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66