Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting tips and tricks - not

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting tips and tricks - not
From: "Dale L Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:29:40 -0600
The view from the other side:

#1. Hearing a stopped CQ is not an invitation to try to steal time on
a run frequency. You have no idea what could be going on - by Sunday
morning I am so tired I can barely remember to press F1. It would be
easy to press F1 then ESC or kick the footswitch - voila, stopped CQ.

#2. The instant I hear you CQ on my frequency, I am stopping whatever
is going on via the second radio and reasserting that the frequency is
mine, and in use, and you need to move, by pressing F1 to CQ on my run
freq. If I am working someone on the second radio, I will stop in
mid-QSO to chase you off my run freq and then repeat my report to the
station I was working on the other band.

#3. I am not going to S&P anyone who has tried to poach my run
frequency, while they are still on my run frequency, even if I have not
QSOed them in this contest. This is a hard and fast rule, SO2R or not.
If I do that, it indicates to the CQer that I acknowledge the station
who is stealing my run frequency has a legitimate right to it. If they
want to call me, fine, otherwise - move it, bub.

Scott W4PA

I'll still try it.

And, it's "Mr. Bub" to you.

LOL