Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: [RTTY] CW/RTTY QRM Saturday evening

To: "cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: [RTTY] CW/RTTY QRM Saturday evening
From: "David Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 07:21:28 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 11:26 PM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: [RTTY] CW/RTTY QRM Saturday evening

Why on earth were these two contests scheduled for the same weekend?

Can anything be done to P-R-E-V-E-N-T this from happening next time?

New Year's Day falls on a Sunday next year, so I think this conflict is scheduled to happen again. I think the BARTG RTTY Sprint is scheduled for the third Saturday of January, but the NAQP CW could be moved to the third SUNDAY. The NAQP is low power, so it shouldn't disturb Sunday afternoon TV sports, and it starts late enough that many people could even go to church before the contest starts. That would make: Jan7-8 RTTY Roundup, Jan14 NAQP SSB, Jan22 (SUN) NAQP CW. Anybody see any major problems with that?

By the way, the calendar I am looking at for 2006 is the CQ Amateur Radio Calendar, and January 20, 2006 is missing!

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL Yuma, AZ