Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: [RTTY] CW/RTTY QRM Saturday evening

To: "David Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>,"cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: [RTTY] CW/RTTY QRM Saturday evening
From: Bruce Horn <bhorn@hornucopia.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 07:58:32 -0800
At 06:21 AM 1/7/2005, David Hachadorian wrote:
New Year's Day falls on a Sunday next year, so I think this conflict is scheduled to happen again. I think the BARTG RTTY Sprint is scheduled for the third Saturday of January, but the NAQP CW could be moved to the third SUNDAY. The NAQP is low power, so it shouldn't disturb Sunday afternoon TV sports, and it starts late enough that many people could even go to church before the contest starts. That would make: Jan7-8 RTTY Roundup, Jan14 NAQP SSB, Jan22 (SUN) NAQP CW. Anybody see any major problems with that?

The RTTY Roundup is scheduled for the first full weekend in January that doesn't fall on Jan 1. NAQP CW is scheduled for the 2nd full weekend in January and NAQP SSB the 3rd full weekend in January.

In 2006, the normal schedule will be:
RTTY Roundup: Jan 7-8
NAQP CW: Jan 14-15
NAQP SSB: Jan 21-22

The next year in which NAQP CW and the RTTY Roundup collide on the calendar is 2011.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM (bhorn@hornucopia.com)