Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Just when you think

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Just when you think
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:40:48 +0000
Hi Bob:

Well, he actually did you a favor.  I almost never do that...I
just work the dupe, log it, and move on.  He gets a penalty
for the previous busted call, and that takes me less time
(in a CQWW) than chatting about it...in SS, maybe not!

What I hate is the multipliers who do that to me when
THEY have a problem in their log and I have to call them
again to get it straightened out.  I'm always concerned that
they won't log the second QSO...

Since there is no penalty to the other station when you bust
a callsign, just working and logging the duplicates for the run
station seems to make sense.  If you are getting a lot of
dupes, it's probably a busted packet spot and should subside
if you ID a few times.  :-)

73,

Mark, KD4D