RE: [CQ-Contest] Synthesizer Opinions....

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Synthesizer Opinions....
From: K6VVA <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:47:48 -0800
Tom, N1MM wrote:

> Sounds pretty good, but shouldn't you have made it more realistic?
>
> Press 1 for a repeat of my call.
> Press 2 for my exchange
> Press 3 to ask for a QSL
> Press 4 to speak to an operator"
>
> Or for DX contests:
>
> "Press 1 for English,
> Press 2 en Espanol,
> Press 3..."

Hilarious...absolutely hilarious, Tom.

Seriously, for those who may still be pooh-poohing FULL voice automation in contesting, I strongly encourage you to make a paradigm shift real quick...because this *IS* the future of voice-contesting...and it is E-X-C-I-T-I-N-G !!! It can also leave you substantially less drained at the end of a lengthy contest, and allow you to operate with a bad cold, Laryngitis, etc.

The "Brave New World" has arrived. Be a part of it, or you'll get left in the dust.

73...

Rick, K6VVA