Re: [CQ-Contest] Synthesizer Opinions....

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Synthesizer Opinions....
From: Eric Hilding <na178@k6vva.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:49:46 -0800
Dave, K4JRB wrote:

> I also do not understand the critics of automating the voice.

When I first started my "crusade" on voice-automation over a year ago (as a result of a weird throat infection which prevented me from any phone operation in a contest), I got some "you're whacked out" kind of direct emails and response posts. Tsk, Tsk.

> The operator still has to copy the call correctly, type it in the PC and make sure its logged. CW,
> Digital, and RTTY are more automated than voice but that is changing.

As I've said before, 45 years ago who would have thought that we would not be hearing unique CW fists (like those of DU7SV, W4KFC and others) in distant future contests because CW would be mostly sent by computers? Tsk, Tsk.

> Keep up the good work...many of us are taking notes and even implementing the ideas!

Tnx for the words & encouragement. W1VE's recent offering has generated some new insights here as to how to substantially enhance voice-automation operations for maximum QSOs per hour (in case anyone has that as a personal contesting goal :-)

"Stay Tuned..." (for new developments) & 73,

Rick-K6VVA