Re: [CQ-Contest] e QSL

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] e QSL
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 08:34:16 -0500 (CDT)
I agree; the situation can get complicated.

If the "busted" callsign is an assigned callsign, probably that station
should be contacted if there's a question by whoever is handling the DX
cards.  Maybe that person wasn't in the pileup.  Maybe that person isn't
even a DXer.  That would simplify things.  But if that person claimed a
QSO around the same time/date/frequency, then it could be complicated.

But what of the situation (which I've actually encountered) where the
busted callsign is unassigned?

73, Zack W9SZ