Re: [CQ-Contest] What to log?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What to log?
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 11:40:09 +0000
K7ACZ continued about operating privileges for Ws operates in VE
under W-VE Treaty:

>Yes, I meant band plan.  For example, a W7 crosses over to VE7 and signs
>VE7/W7xxx but cannot operate below 14.150, 21.200, etc like a licensed VE7
>can.  Seems I was told that when I drove from KL7 to Seattle thru VE7 with
>a mobile rig but maybe got it wrong.

W7xxx should be signing W7xxx/VE7 for a start...

Based on current rules & a 1952 treaty, it seems that since then
a W with a General (maybe even Conditional) ticket has been able to
operate like any other VE whilst in VE.  "Mapping" of license classes
& regs may change, but the underlying principles of the Treaty & the
ITU-RR suggest it would always be this way.  Something like being
able to drive in another country without an International Driving Permit
& some of the things that may come of that (like >8-seat private
cars - that's considered a bus in much of the world).

Sometime since then, I think there was something called
Incentive Licensing in W that might have something to do with
the bandplan most Ws have known nothing else for quite some
time.

A misunderstanding somewhere - more likely the result of a
well-meaning err on the safe side approach - similar to what is or
isn't third party, I guess.

73, VR2BrettGraham