Re: [CQ-Contest] "Everyone" knows CT...

To: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>,"CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "Everyone" knows CT...
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 21:42:12 -0000
WHAT..??.. Just for the record I became a registered user of CT around 1987 and
was contesting for @20 years prior to that. Prior to CT I was logging by hand,
(what a revolting concept).
I recently had to use N1MM during a contest and found it was easy to use
because the function keys, that are used during a contest, are exactly the same
as CT. I just looked at TR, because I haven't  looked at it for years, and the
function keys, used during contesting, are exactly the same as CT. As for the
comment ""re-learn all those obscure function keys and hidden windows"" let me
see if I understand alt-s=summary, alt-r=rate, alt-c=country, alt-z=zones, etc
etc etc. Seems like one of the most well thought computer logging programs
currently available. Many folks seem to have lost sight of the purpose of
contest logging software and that is to LOG during a contest.
CT is as current today as it was 20 years ago, at least is has a windows
version unlike TR. IMHO the setup and post contest functions of N1MM and TR
leave a lot be desired even though TR is really close to CT.
I have been asked many times over the years to recommend a contest logging
program and it's always CT.

MAL              N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm