Re: [CQ-Contest] "Everyone" knows CT...

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "Everyone" knows CT...
From: "Lee Hiers" <aa4ga@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:14:35 -0400
On 5 Jul 2005 at 11:46, Kenneth E. Harker wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 08:49:29AM -0400, Mark Bailey KD4D wrote:
>
> > The "big guns" I have been at use CT (DOS) or Writelog (Windows).
> > I personally use TRLog for single operator contests (also DOS).
> > Most people know how to use CT, and this is a factor for the
> > bigger stations.
>
> I don't think this is necessarily true for anyone getting into the sport
> in the past five to ten years or so.

Possibly not, but that excludes most of the "big guns".  CT is
definitely the most wide-spread logger at most of the big stations as
far as I can tell.

Personally, I use TR and won't operate multi at a station that uses
CT any more...I can't even remember the key sequence needed to log a
QSO...which is one reason I won't operate where it is used!  ;-)

I'm sure the windows programs are gaining in popularity though, just
because of MS, but isn't there a windows version of CT?

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, Georgia

"Have Dobro Will Travel"