Re: [CQ-Contest] Spotting Networks

To: Tim Holmes <w8tah@zoominternet.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Spotting Networks
From: Craig Cook <craig.n7or@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 15:27:03 -0700
Now you're talkin'
Have a look at the user software available at VE7CC.net <http://VE7CC.net>
I use either ve7cc or ve7cc-1 as a node/source. It has great filtering
abilities, and it interfaces nicely with N1MM Logger. Getting everything to
work and play how I like has become the contest for me. That and maybe
picking up something new for DXCC Challenge totals. I don't care who I work.
Maybe I'll try and see how many of the special OH's I don't work. I predict
a sweep. Have fun. 73

On 7/7/05, Tim Holmes <w8tah@zoominternet.net> wrote:

> Good Morning everyone:
>
> As I am getting ready to play in the contest this weekend, i was
> wondering what spotting sources everyone uses for those contests that
> allow spotting.
>
> I have typically used the cluster at DX central and used the filters on
> my software or those at DX Central to filter out spots that i dont want
> (i generally filter any that dont originate near me (to help cut down
> the noise)
>
> I am more of a "for fun" Contester, as with my IC-706MKIIG I dont have a
> serious chance in any contest, but I do like to play, and I want to make
> the most of my limited time. In fact some times i will enter contests
> as a Single-assisted to be able to use spotting networks -- like I said
> -- i have no hope of winning, I just want to have fun.
>
> I use N1MM and I love the bandmap features that it has.
>
> Thanks
>
> TIM
> W8TAH

Craig - N7OR