Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: [The Daily DX] DX SUMMIT AND THEFINNISHTREASUREHUN

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: [The Daily DX] DX SUMMIT AND THEFINNISHTREASUREHUNT
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:45:10 -0000
They are pushing dxsummit like it is a great dx spotting method.
Unfortunately they have shown once again that it is not all that important
to them.  Since May 17th or so the IP tracking page has been broken and the
level of noise from now anonymous abusers on there has grown considerably.
The filters are keeping most of the junk from the world's cluster network
but its just about to the point where I will pull the link that gets most of
their stuff into the network again.  If anyone has any contacts with the
people who run dxsummit please point out that it is not only important to be
a source of lots of spots, but to be a good player in the world spotting
network and that the IP tracking helps keep abuse down.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net