Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB. Mathematics

To: Tonno Vahk <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB. Mathematics
From: "Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO)" <afrugoli@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 09:50:25 -0400
Tonno,

I disagree.  In your example below YOU may know you have A call
correctly, but all I know is that you've got IK.  There are a large
number of valid US and VE prefixes that you could have heard in a pileup
prior to hearing IK.  Therefore as the S&P station, all I know is that
you copied IK, because that's all you've sent back to me.  As the
running station you have some insurance that I know your call, since
theoretically you're sending it after every q, or at least after every 2
or 3 q's.  If I miss it, or screw it up I can listen to you work other
guys.  As the S&P station, the best chance I have to KNOW that you got
my call correct is to demmand that you verify it before I give you my
exchange.  Otherwise I may get lost in a pileup.

73 de Al, KE1FO

73 de Al, KE1FO
www.ke1fo.info

--