Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB. Mathematics

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB. Mathematics
From: Steve London <n2ic@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 13:51:29 -0400
Let's take this scenerio a half-step farther....

TEST ES5TV
NN2I1CIK (2 stations, very similar calls answer)
IK 5NN A5
N1IKN2IC5NN5NN45  (2 stations, N2IC and N1IK respond, both give exchanges)
TU

You haven't clearly made a QSO with either N1IK or N2IC !

I can foresee your response - you're going to say that if you think there is
any
question as to who you were working, you would have confirmed the QSO by
signing
"N1IK TU".  But what if N2IC was 20 dB weaker than N1IK (a not uncommon
occurance !) ?  You would have simply ignored the weak "background" signal of
N2IC and sent "TU", leaving N2IC and N1IK thinking they have both worked you.

IMHO, not signing the corrected, complete call of the station you were working
is another example of poor, high-rate operating, done at the expense of those
who work you.

73,
Steve, N2IC