Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet Cluster Practices

To: "'w0mu'" <w0mu@w0mu.com>,"'Cq-Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet Cluster Practices
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:27:15 -0400
"Can't hear them," "Where are they,"  "Why are they working xxx
and not me?" comments are all a major PITA.  If it is something
relatively rare and folks have set alarms on their terminal
software, flagged those entities for SMS alerts, or flagged
those entities for pager notification, all the extra BS is
akin to "spitting in someone else's soup."

If you want to make those comments - DON'T do it as a "DX Spot."
Use one of the other features (Announce?) that the rest of us
can filter out.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV