[CQ-Contest] SO2R trick

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R trick
From: "Paul T. Antos" <wb2abd@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:48:41 -0500
Sorry, I didn't get to op SS CW very much  this year ...

Last year, I recall S&P-ing and coming across a nice strong CQ. I and a few
others answered, only to hear that station sending another CQ in progress.
Not that I'd be blowing holes in  the band, but I found it hard to believe
that it happened , yet again. And, again! It dawned on me that this fella
might be  SO2R,  and just cycling his CQ message to hold his frequency. I
sez to myself, now thats a neat trick. Eventually, all four stations
answering came to the same conclusion and stopped calling.

Well, rate is rate, so I guess we all went on our merry way.  My rate drops,
he lost 4 Q's at that point in time : doesn't seem effective unless he was
running on the other frequency.

I do SO1.5R, and more power to those that can do 2 radios.  Any thoughts on
this practice?  Good , bad, ugly?

Paul WB2ABD