[CQ-Contest] Drawing the Line [was: SO2R -- revised opinion?]

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Drawing the Line [was: SO2R -- revised opinion?]
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:54:46 -0800 (PST)
--- Bob Naumann  - W5OV <W5OV@W5OV.com> wrote:
> My questioning is where is the line drawn?

Great rhetorical question, Bob.

People contest for different reasons.  I believe that
"the perfect contest" allows the operator to reveal
the parameters of their operation (if they are ethical
about that info) and allows all other competitors to
decide if they are in their league or not.

In effect, the participants themselves draw the line.
A radical but very empowering concept.

Ev, W2EV