Re: [CQ-Contest] Competitor Friendly Contesting

To: k8gt@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Competitor Friendly Contesting
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 06:06:00 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Thanks Gerry.  I understand your point of view and respect it.

It would seem that 3830 is somewhat addressing your interest in comparing
"apples to apples" from a time standpoint.

I remember Ward Silver had some dialog going a while back about the "contest
within a contest" approach.  He has attempted to do this with IARU for M/S Low
Power.  Since we are all just happy enough to have gotten the CQ WW certs we
have recently, it would seem that adding more to that is unlikely.  However,
maybe one of the contest clubs would be successful in more fully implementing
N0AX's approach and more fully institutionalize this type of approach.

73 and see you in the 'tests.

Ed  N1UR