Re: [CQ-Contest] 1 pointers for CQWW

To: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 1 pointers for CQWW
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:43:53 -0500
On Nov 30, 2005, at 9:35 AM, Zack Widup wrote:

> It's an almost sure bet that these same USA stations I've worked to
> get
> them off the freq calling me will send me a QSL, too.  So I always
> keep
> two versions of the logs - one with the calls of the USA stations I've
> worked and one with them removed, for log submittal.

Why remove the USA stations? This means that if those USA stations
submit logs, the contest judges will find a NIL in their logs where
they worked you. Furthermore, that contact might be a valid
multiplier for that USA station, too, which they will lose.

Leaving the USA stations in certainly doesn't hurt your score at all.
They are all zero points, and there's no penalty for zero pointers.
Removing them certainly hurts other's scores, though.

I can't see any benefit to removing ANY stations from your log. If
you work them, log them. Let the contest judges sort out the wheat
and the chaff.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901