Re: [CQ-Contest] R: QRP - Get Over It

To: <ik2dzn@astorri.it>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] R: QRP - Get Over It
From: "W4ZW" <w4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:21:02 -0500

Wow, an Italian station talking about QRP! This got my attention!

I have used QRP before in contests just to make things interesting,
especially for FD, but I am one who objects to the "/QRP".  I never use it
when QRP and wish it were banned from use altogether.  Believe me, it's hard
enough just to get the QRP calls on 40M and 80M without having to wade
through the "/QRP" business.  When running QRP, act like you're a normal
station and be the band. Less stuff to send/say, less confusion for the
other guy, and everything works normally.

I do have to agree with Tom about the incessant calling and with the "/QRP"
as if that entitles the QRPer to call out of sequence while I'm trying to
copy an exchange.  Like most contesters I expect, I note the call and
proceed to ignore the station who does this.

My 2 cents.

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW

Casey Key Island, FL
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"