Re: [CQ-Contest] R: QRP - Get Over It

To: "VE5ZX" <ve5zx@hotmail.com>,"CQ-Contest" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] R: QRP - Get Over It
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 17:47:49 -00

> Can some one point me to document(s) that state it is illegal to sign
> callsign/QRP?
>
> tnx
> Sylvan Katz - VE5ZX

I don't know about the rules in Canada, so I can't comment.

In the USA, signing <yourcall>/QRP falls under FCC rule §97.119(c)

"(c) One or more indicators may be included with the call sign. Each
indicator must be separated from the call sign by the slant mark (/) or by
any suitable word that denotes the slant mark. If an indicator is
self-assigned, it must be included before, after, or both before and after,
the call sign. No self-assigned indicator may conflict with any other
indicator specified by the FCC Rules or with any prefix assigned to another
country."

The self-assigned indicator "/QRP" is not in conflict with that rule, and
is therefor legal in the US-of-A. Canadian mileage may vary.

Beep         beep
de Hans, K0HB