Re: [CQ-Contest] R: QRP - Get Over It

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] R: QRP - Get Over It
From: Boris Knezovic T93Y <t93y@lol.ba>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 07:47:37 +0100
Ron Notarius WN3VAW wrote:
> Boris,
>
> Let's be clear that LotW confirmations only cost a fee when the person who
> has RECEIVED the confirmation applies for an award; there remains NO charge
> to upload or view a log.
>
> And yes, when additional awards (beyond DXCC) are added, I suspect that
> there will be a fee involved for each award.  Just as it is now.  But that's
> a factor in the cost of the AWARD, NOT the cost of the QSO itself.  And
> again, that would be the same whether or not you use an electronic
> confirmation or a paper QSL.
>
> Again:  It costs nothing to OBTAIN the confirmation.  Just to USE it for
> applying for an award.  Big difference there.
>
> 73, ron wn3vaw

Ron,

I think that everybody know that uploading QSO's to LoTW and just
watching the numbers on the screen does not cost anything...

While LoTW was in beta phase I was told by N7NG that all award costs
remain the same and that LoTW replaces sending QSL card via the bureau
or direct. So 20USD I have to pay every year is still there, 10USD for
each award I want is still there and on top of that you have to pay
0.15-0.25USD for every LoTW confirmation you want to use towards your
DXCC credit.

Point of my previous E-mail, you have not seen, was that if someone
wants to use the very same QSO for other awards (once they are
available) (s)he would need to pay for that QSO each time that QSO
confirmation is used. I did not checked this with ARRL but this is the
only way how LoTW can pay for a initial investment made by ARRL...

73's Boris T93Y
--
Boris Knezovic T93Y, P.O. Box 59, Sarajevo BA-71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
E-mail: t93y@lsinter.net or boris@t93y.com